CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

May KOTM Guest Designer Challenge

I made this card a couple of weeks ago, as soon as I received my April KOTM. I was so excited and this was the first stamp that jumped out at me. Love it! I left it a little less fussed with until I found out what the challenge was going to be, then I added to it until I was happy with it. Yes, I saved this card for this challenge! I was so geeked about the challenge, and very happy with this card.
I started with an SU Sahara Sand base. I stamped the little curly flourish along the edge. I added the designer paper from, I think, Daisy D's. The Kraft layer was stamped with the Distressed Dots. The Dress Form is mounted on Papertrey Ink Spring Rain CS. The "Hello" is stamped on Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush. The Twill Ribbon is also sponged with PTI Sweet Blush. All of the edges of the cardstock were distressed with the Tim Holtz Paper Distresser and sponged with SU Creamy Caramel Ink to age it. The twill was also sponged with Creamy Caramel. I dug and found some SU buttons to coordinate with the card. They have SU Linen Thread through them, and they're adhered with glue dots.
The GORGEOUS Dress Form was stamped in SU Close to Cocoa and colored with Prismacolor Pencils. After shading the whole thing I went over the lines and the basewith Prismacolor's Gold Metallic pencil. It was cut out in two pieces and mounted on the cardstock. The body of the form was popped up on dimensionals. I found this tiny rhinestone flower by Heidi Swapp for the belt. I went over the pearl necklace with my white pen.
Whew, that was a lot! I hope you enjoy it!

0 comments: